Ruby on Rails is a web application framework for Ruby, created to make programming web applications easier.
It was conceived in 2005 by David Heinemeier Hansson, also known as DHH.
Rails is considered to be a MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework
The first version of Rails was released in July 2007
In November 2008 the first version of version 3 was released
It has since been the most popular web development environment among new startups
Ruby on Rails is a web application framework that helps you to create projects in the form of web applications. It is a powerful and lightweight framework, which is not only easy to use but also allows the developers to be highly productive. Ruby on Rails has the following three general categories, which are:
– Web application frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails
– Web frameworks for server-side programming, such as Sinatra and Seaside
– Tools that provide an API like Padrino or Camping
Ruby on Rails was created in 2003 by David Heinemeier Hansson. It is a fully integrated development environment (IDE) that includes everything needed to create database-driven web applications like content management systems (CMS), search engines or eCommerce sites.
Ruby on Rails is a simple CMS system that offers website builders a way to create websites very quickly.
Ruby on Rails is a web application framework written in Ruby that was created by David Heinemeier Hansson.
It is an open-source project with a fully released license.
It’s the most popular choice among startups, but it’s not limited to new businesses.
The framework provides its developers with the following:
– Model View Controller (MVC) architecture – It aims to relieve users from having to deal with database abstraction and focus more on their business apps and less on how they should access data
– Rapid Web Development – Rails allows its developers to focus more on development rather than maintenance of code as it features built-in web server, database migrations, scaffolding, testing frameworks, generators and much more
– Separation of Concerns – It makes it possible for programmers to create programs without worrying about storage and other lower level details
Ruby on Rails is a web development framework that is known for its simplicity. It is a runtime environment that allows the user to write code in Ruby.
The language itself employs principles of object oriented programming, which make the code more readable and maintainable. The code does not need to be compiled or executed before being read by the interpreter, making it very fast.
This makes it easy for beginners to start learning this framework and also make it quick for experienced programmers to build applications in less time.
One of the biggest advantages of Ruby on Rails is that it can be used to create very complicated and robust applications quickly, including creating a CMS system for a website.